Why You’ll Love Working Here:
Working at TechSmith gives you a chance to hone your skills in an open, collaborative, and innovative environment where you can be excited to come into work every single day.
We are a technological melting pot, comprised of nearly 250 uniquely skilled human beings that will continue to stretch your comfort zone – but in a good way. And speaking of comfort, who doesn’t love to show up to work in jeans, eat free snacks, and drink free pop?
With great products and great people behind them, we are always looking for passionate, fun, and, hard working individuals who truly enjoy coming to work and doing what they love. Sounds like you? We’d love to chat.
The marketing Tradeshow/Event Management intern will learn the ins and outs of approaching corporate and trade specific events in a holistic, comprehensive manner that includes pre, during, and post-show planning. Those who only enjoy checking off routine logistical boxes need not apply. Although there will be some logistical elements involved, this position requires a strategy driven individual willing to think outside of the box to make the most out of every single trade event both large and small that TechSmith makes an investment in.
- Aid in researching which shows to attend and make recommendations to product marketing managers on which events have the most potential ROI for each product brand
- Coordinate logistical elements of events including staff travel and other show specific elements needed
- Work with our social strategy team to develop a social media strategy to complement our show presence for pre, during, and post-show audiences
- Work with our graphics and content development teams to ensure booth design elements and other promotional signage and collateral content is driven towards and resonates with our target audience at any given event
- Work with our public relations team to develop a PR strategy at each event to ensure the company makes the most out of any event specific media opportunities
- Work with our social strategy and public relations teams to develop thought-leadership based presentation materials and submit proposals for speaking opportunities on behalf of TechSmith staff and external company influencers
- Develop comprehensive briefing books to prepare staff and influencers for upcoming tradeshow events
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Background:
- Communicate project details with stakeholders and other team members
- Collaborate with marketing video producers, writers, product managers, and other stakeholders to meet goals and optimize any campaigns performance
- You must be enrolled as a full time student in order to be considered for an internship with TechSmith Corporation
- Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Dreamweaver
- Create content that adheres to TechSmith’s style guide
- Ability to communicate effectively through writing and visual design
- Must be able to learn new software quickly
- Need to work well independently and in groups, inside and outside of the department
- Ability to give and receive detailed feedback
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- You must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- During school you must be able to work a minimum of 15 hours per work, maximum of 28 hours per week
Compensation and Perks:
Competitive pay based on skills and experience. This is an hourly position with TechSmith Corporation. Hours are based on a consensus between you and your supervisor. We require a minimum of 15 hours per week, however hours are limited to 28 hours per week.